Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Learn about Geology

I discovered a fabulous web site this evening all about geology. If you want to acquaint yourself with all the basics of geology, this site is for you. It explains everything from why the Himalayas formed to how graphite changes into diamonds.

It is also beautifully designed with copious explanatory animations, something that helps no end in understanding the dynamic nature of the earth. You can find the site, which was created at the University of Tromsø, by following this link.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, I don't know how I've found your blog. I'm in Paris too and I've written a little text about French publishers :http://iwouldprefernot.blogspot.com/

Jonathan Wonham said...

Thank you Jean-Luc. Your 'little text' is an intriguing read.

Anonymous said...

thank you. Congratulations for quoting Caillois. It's the first name I've thought about while reading.

Jonathan Wonham said...

Caillois has become a long time interest for this blog. I find him a very interesting writer.